Translate

Saturday, May 17, 2014

This week, a few of my classmates and i decided to do a group project since everyone else completed their textured vessel. We were in a group of four and wanted to make a view of a beach. At first, i wasn't sure what to make but i eventually decided to go with making a raft hut/ shack. Our project was difficult to do since each of us had to make up something and it was hard to agree. At the end, our beach turned out pretty decent and it looked realistic.
                                       

Friday, May 9, 2014

Textured vessel

This week, i completed my first bowl and started a new one. Sadly, i did not take a picture of my new bowl, so here is the old one. I feel like this project was the easiest one this year. It only took me two days to create this. I actually enjoyed this but i am looking forward to the next and final peice. I really enjoyed sculpture this year, i am excited for next year. I hope to get progressively better throughout the years! 
                
                             

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Textured Vessel completed

    This week, we finished our vessel. This project was fairly easy and i enjoyed it. This project probably took me two days to complete it. On the first day, i shape the clay around a bowl and the second day, i designed it. I carved vines inside the bowl. I notice that every project i do, i add vines or flowers, which im not too sure why. Maybe i just think it gives it more of a organic/ natural look. And for the project we're doing seems to go with it. Since i had more time, i made a second vessel. I have the same bowl shape, but i don't know what i am going to add to it. I really enjoyed this project and i didn't have any problems! 

    
                                   

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Vessels

        This week, we started a new project. Our task is to make a type of vessel. So far my project has been a success! I am not yet sure on what i am doing next, but it looks pretty good as of right now, even thogh its just a simple bowl. My classmates gave me an idea to put leaves inside so that when its fired, it will leave an imprint. Underneath the leaves, are vines that i carved in with a pointer tool. I hope this project turns out better than the last one! 
                                     

Friday, April 18, 2014

Japanese Lantern

  This week, i finally finished my Japanese lantern. After starting over about 3 times, i finally got it done. To be honest, i really didn't like this project after today. I don't know what i made. Its very different from other students' projects and different in general. My original idea was to coal the whle thing, but those began to fall down and break apart. I could of done better. Maybe i didn't plan too well because i was late finishing my last project and rushed into this one. I am really looking forward to the next project and want to forget this one. 

Friday, April 11, 2014

Japanese Latern

      This week we worked on our japanese lanterns. I would say that this project was pretty hard for me. I thought it would be easy but I made so many mistakes. The first lantern i made, i forgot to spray and the clay became hard, and i forgot to slip and score which will make your peice blow up. Now, i have a new lantern, that i kind of dont like since its not porpotional and i still have to clean the excess clay off. For sure, this lantern is different. My mind just started to do something different and thats what it is. This was probably one of my worst projects. I am totally looking forward to the next assignment.


                                         

Friday, April 4, 2014

Japanese lantern

   
This week, we continued to work on out japanese lantern projects. Since i forgot to spray my clay on Friday, my peice was hard and unable to function. It was really difficult to add on clay. I started to carve a japanese word on the side of my lantern but the side sadly fell off. After that, all the sides fell and i started my project over. This time i'm going to coil the whole thing. So far, evrything is going well. I even made a design in the coils. I hope my project will turn out just as good as these projects.